As mentioned in my previous post, TartanJogger nominated me for a Shine On award!
She is another running blogger and hosts one of my favorite blogs to read. I appreciate her zest for life and running, and her site is always diverse and entertaining!
**Follow the link and check her out!**
I’ve seen this award floating around other WordPress sites. It’s a great way to network and honor the blogs we like to read. The rules for this blog award are simple:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs
5. Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog
7 things about BayRunner Jamie:
1. I drink green tea and eat dark chocolate EVERY day
2. I have really small feet-US women’s size 5
3. I’ve played the violin since I was 8
4. I’m a bartender (for now)
5. Favorites- Book: Harry Potter; Movie: In Bruges; TV show: Lost
6. I have one tattoo
7. I’m extremely indecisive. This list was not easy for me! 😉
And my nominations (in no particular order):
This is not a complete list of every blog I would recommend , but I think it is a good sampling of sites that I enjoy here on WordPress. It was really hard to choose just 15! A few of my other favorites were already nominated so I tried to put some other names out there that may not have been recognized yet-to my knowledge at least! Many of these bloggers have shown me great support, most notably after my injury, and I’m so grateful to them!
Since returning from my trip to Hawaii I’ve continued my run/walk training. Last weekend a sore throat disrupted my routine but I’m feeling pretty great now. Here is a record of the miles I’ve logged since returning to mainland, USA:
If you use the Nike + app, you will notice I was “unstoppable” for 2/3 of these runs; I don’t particularly enjoy running on a treadmill, so I was somewhat stoppable during this run
Today’s trail run
Since I have the North Face Endurance Challenge on the horizon, I’m looking to train more off-road. For my most recent run, I went back to the Lands End Trail.
I took my dog on a hike here several weeks ago, and while we were walking I said to myself that as soon as I can run again I will be coming back. So today I set out for 30 minutes on the trail and ended up run/walking 2.57 miles…
…alongside this beautiful scenery
The path is not difficult as far as trails go, but there were some staircases to tackle along the way.
Running is an outlet for exploration, and I can’t wait to find more trails to train on!